Polish nationalists at an anti-migrant rally burned an effigy of an Orthodox Jew on Wednesday because hey, why not? In other news:
- Saudi Arabia, a key U.S. ally in the fight against violent Islamic extremism, sentenced a poet to death on dubious charges of having insulted Islam.
- A Paris prosecutor said authorities now believe two Nov. 13 suicide bombers based through a Greek refugee facility in October.
- Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard was released from prison after serving 30 years and his supporters are complaining about what seem like perfectly reasonable parole conditions.
- John Kasich's Super PAC is putting its money where John Kasich's mouth is by spending money on anti-Trump attack ads.
- Islamic militants seized a hotel in Mali in what could have been an attack against French interests and may have killed as many as 27 people.
- And LAX authorities undermined the beautiful Panda Express egalitarianism of the modern airport by announcing plans to build an exclusive new terminal that will only serve celebrities and other VIPs.
Have a good weekend.
Take our reader survey! You'll help Slate improve—and you could win a Slate Plus membership.