Donald Trump said this morning that eight Syrians had been "caught" at the U.S.-Mexico border, which he presented as evidence that we need to build a wall on said border to keep people from sneaking into the country. But it turns out that the Syrians in question had actually walked directly up to a border station and presented themselves to authorities. In other news:
- French officials said that the man who is believed to have planned the Nov. 13 Paris terror attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, died yesterday during a police raid.
- A woman who blew herself up during that raid apparently did so after becoming angry that police referred to her as Abaaoud's girlfriend. (Seriously!)
- Five Syrians using stolen Greek passports were arrested in Honduras.
- Disgraced Subway spokesman Jared Fogle was sentenced to more than 15 years in prison. The judge in Fogle's case was unswayed by his lawyers' arguments that he deserved leniency because he developed a sex addiction to replace the food addiction that he had addressed by losing weight.
- And a new sociological study found that kids are less likely to adopt their parents' political views than was previously thought.
Have a good day out there.