A Bloomberg poll released today found that a majority of Americans do not want to accept any of the 10,000 Syrian refugees President Obama has committed to taking in; French president François Hollande, meanwhile, says his country will follow through on plans to admit 30,000 such displaced persons. In other news:
- Two terror suspects died and several were arrested as French police raided an apartment in a Paris suburb in what was reported to be an effort to thwart an imminent attack and to capture the alleged mastermind of the Nov. 13 shootings and bombings.
- Jeb Bush said he would send U.S. ground troops to the Middle East if he were president.
- Russia began attacking ISIS targets in Syria in the wake of news that its government believes Metrojet Flight 9268 crashed on Oct. 31 because of a bomb (which ISIS or an affiliate is presumed to have planted).
- Bobby Jindal ended history's greatest campaign for president, a tragedy that naturally leads one's thoughts to the poetry of W.H. Auden.
- And people have started filming themselves putting cucumbers behind their cats while the cats are eating. It's a thing.
Have a good day out there.