After several right-wing media outlets questioned whether a swastika drawn with human feces had actually been found in a University of Missouri dorm—an incident which, among others, has been cited to explain why many students at the school believe its environment to be racially hostile—Mizzou released a police report indicating that an officer indeed observed the Nazi symbol on Oct. 24 after a complaint was called in. In other news:
- A sign outside the University of Missouri's Black Culture Center was vandalized with spray paint overnight.
- A University of Missouri staff member who was seen attempting to physically stop a photographer from taking pictures in a public area during a protest last week was put on leave.
- Ben Carson acknowledged that he has an ongoing business partnership with a Pittsburgh dentist who was convicted of felony insurance fraud.
- A crucial meeting to discuss Syria, which will get underway a day before President Obama and Vladimir Putin arrive in Turkey for a G-20 summit, is happening this weekend in Vienna.*
- Gallup announced that Republicans currently approve of the job that the Republican Congress is doing at an even lower rate than Democrats do.
- And Montreal began dumping some two billion gallons of sewage into the St. Lawrence River.
Have a good day out there.
*Correction, Nov. 12, 2015: This sentence originally misstated that Obama and Putin will be attending the Vienna meeting.