Remember when President Obama said many times that we would absolutely not be putting U.S. soldiers, i.e. "boots on the ground," in Syria? We're putting boots on the ground in Syria. In other news:
- About 100 students, including a number of black students, walked out of class at Spring Valley High School in South Carolina to protest officer Ben Fields' firing.
- The Republican party backed out of a future NBC debate because CNBC's questions during the debate two days ago were allegedly too hostile. The move is a bunch of grandstanding nonsense, Slate campaign guru Josh Voorhees says.
- A British permanent resident who'd been held in Guantanamo for 14 years was released.
- ESPN shut down the Bill Simmons-founded site Grantland.
- And Jeb Bush is apparently planning to host a Pop Art-themed fundraiser at the superhip Art Basel fair in Miami. What?
Have a good weekend out there.