With sustained winds of 200 mph, Hurricane Patricia is the strongest hurricane ever measured, and it's about to hit the Mexican coast. Parts of the country could face up to two feet (!) of rain. In other news:
- Donald Trump is no longer leading the polls in Iowa; he's fallen behind Ben Carson.
- Lincoln Chafee dropped out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, which makes sense, because he's polling at zero percent. Literally zero percent.
- The nurse who was held involuntarily in New Jersey on suspicion that she had Ebola (she didn't) is suing Chris Christie.
- New Mexico's secretary of state has resigned amidst allegations that she committed extensive fraud in order to finance hundreds of thousands of dollars in "gambling activities" at casinos all over the state.
- News broke that the federal government physically seized lethal injection drugs that the state of Arizona was attempting to obtain illegally.
- President Obama kind of sort of suggested that he might someday come out against the death penalty.
- And the Chinese version of the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to noted humanitarian Robert Mugabe (who is not really a noted humanitarian but in fact a brutal dictator).
Have a good day out there and try not to give any humanitarian awards to Robert Mugabe!