Well, well, well: It turns out that after all that complaining from Bernie Sanders supporters about journalists such as Slate's Josh Voorhees calling last week's debate for Hillary, the polls that have come out after the debate show that her performance has helped her pull even further ahead of Sanders in the race for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination. In other news:
- Justin Trudeau of the Liberal Party will become Canada's next prime minister after a big Liberal win in parliamentary elections; that likely means a Canadian government that's more proactive on climate change and more welcoming to migrants.
- A case involving a black man who was shot dead by a police officer while waiting for roadside assistance in Florida has come under increasing scrutiny.
- An activist and former U.N. official en route to Kurdistan was found hanged in an Istanbul airport.
- Authorities said a 17-year-old whose brother was allegedly killed in a secretive New York church by a group including the brothers' parents will testify in the case.
- Jim Webb dropped out of the race for the Democratic nomination and said he might run as an independent, although he doesn't seem to have been running for anything very hard to begin with.
- And ESPN cited multiple sources who say that University of Louisville basketball players and recruits attended parties with strippers-slash-prostitutes who were paid by an assistant coach.
Have a good day out there.