The members of the House Benghazi committee are preparing for Hillary Clinton's highly awaited Thursday appearance by fighting among themselves about whether or not the CIA told the committee that the name of a certain intelligence source is classified. Which seems like it should be an easy question to answer with, like, transcripts, right? Gonna be a fun time when Hillary shows up. In other news:
- CANADA!!! Canadian elections are being held today, and beleaguered incumbent Stephen Harper is so beleagured that over the weekend he held a rally with Rob Ford.
- An innocent Eritrean migrant died after being shot and beaten when he was misidentified as a terrorist during a (real) attack on an Israeli bus station.
- The AP reported that the Sept. 24 hajj stampede in Saudi Arabia is now known to have killed at least 2,121 people.
- A petition drive funded heavily by Nebraska's Republican governor temporarily overturned a death penalty ban whose ultimate fate will now be decided in a November 2016 referendum.
- A 25-year-old man in Chicago was arrested after his 6-year-old son shot and killed his 3-year-old son.
- And Larry David answered the call of destiny by playing Bernie Sanders in an SNL skit Saturday night.
Have a good day out there.