The highlight of every White House Correspondents’ Dinner is the jokes (at least for those of us not invited). And this year, both President Obama and Saturday Night Live cast member Cecily Strong delivered. Strong ribbed the president lightly, but no jokes were strong enough to cause lasting damage. Even though Obama had the best zingers, the funniest joke belonged to Strong.
Without further ado, here are the best jokes of the night.
- Today thanks to Obamacare you no longer have to worry about losing your insurance if you lose your job. You’re welcome, Senate Democrats.
- Six years into my presidency some people still say I’m arrogant, aloof, condescending. Some people are so dumb.
- A few weeks ago, Dick Cheney says he thinks I’m the worst president of his lifetime. Which is interesting because I think Dick Cheney is the worst president of my lifetime.
- You know, let me set the record straight. I tease Joe Biden, but you know he has been in my side for seven years. I love that man. He’s not just a great vice president, he is a great friend. We’ve gotten so close in some places in Indiana, they won’t serve us pizza anymore.
- It turns out Jeb Bush identified himself as Hispanic back in 2009, which, you know what, I—look, I understand. It’s an innocent mistake. It reminds me of when I identified myself as American back in 1961.
- Rick Santorum announced that he would not attend the same-sex wedding of a friend or loved one, to which gays and lesbians across the country responded, that’s not going to be a problem. Don’t sweat that one.
- And Donald Trump is here. Still.
- Anyway, it’s amazing how time flies. Soon, the first presidential contest will take place, and I for one cannot wait to see who the Koch brothers pick. It’s exciting.
The best Strong jokes:
- Since I’m only a comedian, I’m not going to try and tell you comedians how to do politics. That would be like you guys telling me what to do with my body. I mean, can you even imagine? Crazy.
- The Republicans finally succeeded and Obama is being forced out of office in 14 months. You did it!
- President Obama, your hair is so white now it can talk back to the police.
And the funniest joke of the night:
- Let’s give it up for the Secret Service. They’re the only law enforcement agency that will get in trouble if a black man gets shot.