A lawyer for Charlie Hebdo told a French radio station that this week’s issue, to be published Wednesday, will include images of Mohammed. From Reuters:
"We will not give in. The spirit of 'I am Charlie' means the right to blaspheme," he said, adding that the front page would be released Monday evening.
Meanwhile, French defense minister Jean-Yves Le Drian says 10,000 troops will be deployed inside the country by Tuesday night to protect Jewish schools and other potential terrorism targets. The country’s interior minister says 4,700 police officers will also be part of internal security operations. From Reuters again:
"The threats remain and we have to protect ourselves from them. It is an internal operation that will mobilize almost as many men as we have in our overseas operations," Le Drian told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
French authorities are also continuing to search for accomplices of last week’s attackers, reports say. Hayat Boumeddiene, the companion of supermarket killer Amedy Coulibaly, is thought to have fled to Syria before the attacks. The 18-year-old who was identified as a potential suspect in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo shootings, Mourad Hamyd, has been released without being charged. Classmates wrote on Twitter that he was in school at the time of the incident.