Anthony Weiner on Tuesday confirmed that at least some of the sexually explicit online chats and photos that were recently published by gossip website TheDirty.com are indeed his—but the New York City mayoral candidate is being noticeably vague about whether the sexts with a woman who is not his wife were from before or after the last scandal that cost him his job in Congress. Here's his full statement, released this afternoon after his office was painfully quiet in the face of the new allegations this morning (via AtlanticWire):
"I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have. As I have said in the past, these things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress. While some things that have been posted today are true and some are not, there is no question that what I did was wrong. This behavior is behind me. I've apologized to Huma and am grateful that she has worked through these issues with me and for her forgiveness. I want to again say that I am very sorry to anyone who was on the receiving end of these messages and the disruption that this has caused. As my wife and I have said, we are focused on moving forward."
You can read all the allegations over at TheDirty, including the hilarious tidbit that Weiner was chatting under the pseudonym of "Carlos Danger." The woman who turned over screenshots of her conversations with Weiner to the site claims their online relationship continued until at least August 2012, a point after which the New York Democrat had already resigned from Congress in disgrace. Weigel will have more shortly, most likely on the timeline and how it could affect Weiner's NYC campaign.