Forbes magazine is out with its annual list of the richest Americans.
In short, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are still very, very rich—as is Mark Zuckerberg, even if he's seen his estimated net worth fall by about $8 billion to $9.4 billion since Facebook went public in May (pushing him down the rankings to the no. 36 spot).
Here's the Top 10:
- 1) Bill Gates, $66 billion
- 2) Warren Buffett, $46 billion
- 3) Larry Ellison, $41 billion
- 4) Charles Koch, $31 billion
- 4) David Koch, $31 billion
- 6) Christy Walton ("and family"), $27.9 billion
- 7) Jim Walton, $26.8 billion
- 8) Alice Walton, $26.3 billion
- 9) S. Robson Walton, $26.1 billion
- 10) Michael Bloomberg, $25 billion
And how much would you have needed to crack this year's top 400? About $1.1 billion, which would've left you tied with nine others for 392nd in the rankings. You can check out the full list here.