Forbes magazine is out with its annual list of the richest Americans.
In short, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are still very, very rich—as is Mark Zuckerberg, even if he's seen his estimated net worth fall by about $8 billion to $9.4 billion since Facebook went public in May (pushing him down the rankings to the no. 36 spot).
Here's the Top 10:
- 1) Bill Gates, $66 billion
- 2) Warren Buffett, $46 billion
- 3) Larry Ellison, $41 billion
- 4) Charles Koch, $31 billion
- 4) David Koch, $31 billion
- 6) Christy Walton ("and family"), $27.9 billion
- 7) Jim Walton, $26.8 billion
- 8) Alice Walton, $26.3 billion
- 9) S. Robson Walton, $26.1 billion
- 10) Michael Bloomberg, $25 billion
And how much would you have needed to crack this year's top 400? About $1.1 billion, which would've left you tied with nine others for 392nd in the rankings. You can check out the full list here.
TODAY IN SLATE
Don’t Worry, Obama Isn’t Sending U.S. Troops to Fight ISIS
But the next president might.
IOS 8 Comes Out Today. Do Not Put It on Your iPhone 4S.
Why Greenland’s “Dark Snow” Should Worry You
How Much Should You Loathe NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell?
Here are the facts.
Amazon Is Launching a Serious Run at Apple and Samsung
Slim Pickings at the Network TV Bazaar
Three talented actresses in three terrible shows.