Here are some of this week's Human Nature short takes on the news. To get them in real time, subscribe to the HN Twitter feed .
1. "Abortion addict" http://bit.ly/VRJHr says she "abused her rights." Bingo: Abuse doesn't invalidate rights, and rights don't validate abuse.
3. GPS RIP: http://bit.ly/NF0U0 The reduction of gizmos to smartphone apps continues. Better figure out how to sell your hardware as software.
4. Using gene therapy ... to repair somebody's organs ... to give to somebody else. http://bit.ly/2k8uZ8 Another step in human parts technology
5. Agassi admits he used meth and lied after being caught: http://bit.ly/3NnF1B Remind me why we test athletes for drugs that don't help them?
6. Dad's absence alters brain growth in rodents: http://bit.ly/Q2d1N Lesson: Brain & environment aren't alternative explanations for behavior.
7. No more simulated sex while dancing: http://bit.ly/yp8as Regulation hasn't been this interesting since Sonny Bono "cracked down" on bikinis.
8. Baby Einstein? Not: http://bit.ly/KoOL6 Here's a tip: Your kid does not need more IQ. Just give her the mental health to use the IQ she has.
9. Requiring RX for cold meds? To stop meth production? ( http://bit.ly/bLHgB ) Good luck putting the home chemistry genie back in the bottle.
10. "Screaming is the new spanking," http://bit.ly/33SsYl . Yes, and representative democracy with executive power is the new fascism. Please.