Paul McCartney got a lot of attention for last night's 12.12.12 Concert for Sandy Relief yesterday when he suggested that he was, essentially, filling in for Kurt Cobain as part of a Nirvana reunion. And while Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic have played together fairly recently; and Grohl has played with McCartney before; and, most importantly, there is no Nirvana without Kurt Cobain—it is true that Grohl and Novoselic and Pat Smear, who became a touring member of Nirvana near the end of Cobain's life, have not played together much since his death.*
* Correction: This post originally stated that the three had not played together in several years. In fact, they performed together in 2010.
TODAY IN SLATE
The Right Target
Why Obama’s airstrikes against ISIS may be more effective than people expect.
The One National Holiday Republicans Hope You Forget
It’s Legal for Obama to Bomb Syria Because He Says It Is
I Stand With Emma Watson on Women’s Rights
Even though I know I’m going to get flak for it.
Should You Recline Your Seat? Two Economists Weigh In.
It Is Very, Very Stupid to Compare Hope Solo to Ray Rice
Or, why it is very, very stupid to compare Hope Solo to Ray Rice.
- School District Wants to Censor American History Curriculum to Make It More Patriotic
- U.S. Federal Prison Population Drops for the First Time in Decades
- Conservative Star D’Souza Avoids Jail Time for Illegal Campaign Contributions
- Moderate Chinese Intellectual Sentenced to Life in Prison After Show Trial
In Defense of HR
Startups and small businesses shouldn’t skip over a human resources department.