Back in January, we flagged a viral video in which lines from various Hollywood movies were spliced together to make the Lionel Richie song "Hello." In the comments, De Cosmos wrote: "Anyone that talented at taking audio out of context should have a bright future making campaign ads. I wonder if they could do something with 'I like to fire people.'"
Well, someone in Australia had the same thought (or perhaps he reads Brow Beat comments). Hugh Atkin has created the best political video of the season by splicing together Mitt Romney quotes and scoring them to "The Real Slim Shady."* Barack Obama provides the chorus. Enjoy. (Via BuzzFeed.)
* This post originally misspelled Hugh Atkin's last name.
TODAY IN SLATE
The Most Terrifying Thing About Ebola
The disease threatens humanity by preying on humanity.
I Bought the Huge iPhone. I’m Already Thinking of Returning It.
Scotland Is Just the Beginning. Expect More Political Earthquakes in Europe.
Students Aren’t Going to College Football Games as Much Anymore
And schools are getting worried.
160 Countries Host Marches to Demand Action on Climate Change
- Protesters Take to the Streets to Sound Alarm on Climate Change in New York, Across the World
- Knife-Carrying White House Jumper is Vet who Feared “Atmosphere Was Collapsing”
- North Korea: American Sentenced to Hard Labor Wanted to Become “Second Snowden”
- Almost One in Four Americans Support Idea of Splitting From the Union