Today is a busy day for me, promoting the book: I'm doing a TV interview, a talk, and then a loooong radio interview tonight. I have a couple of new things coming up, too, so here's my updated schedule:
- TODAY: Tuesday, October 21: I'm doing a live TV news interview at Denver's KUSA (Channel 9) at 12:20 or so p.m.
- TODAY: Tuesday, October 21: I'll be at the Boulder Bookstore tonight at 7:30 to give a short presentation with a dramatic reading from the book. I'll have a meteorite to show people, too.
- TODAY: Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, October 21: I'll be on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory from 2-5 a.m. Eastern time -- check your listing. Lots of radio stations broadcast the show (it has 10 million listeners) and many stream it live as well.
- NEW! Friday, October 24: I'll be in Second Life, doing an interview with my friend and fellow skeptic Michael Stackpole! I'll have more info on that a bit later in the week. I'm a n00b there and I'm not sure how to promote this just yet.
- NEW! On Sunday, October 26 at 8:30 p.m. Mountain time I'll be on the radio station KMOX out of St. Louis, talking about the book.
- December 11: I'll be giving a talk at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, time TBD.
Ted Cruz Is Not Eligible to Be President, According to the Most Plausible Interpretation of the Constitution
I Was a Super Bowl Concession Worker What it’s like making less than $13 an hour to serve $13 beers at one of the biggest games on Earth.
LED Bulbs Were Once Pricey. Now They’re Cheap, Mass-Produced, and Plentiful. This Is How Efficient Technology Will Take Over.
Inside Higher Ed
For Black Men A race-specific learning community at the University of Connecticut draws praise and criticism.
Cracking Down on Anti-Vaxxers May Be Easier Than We Thought Compulsory vaccination laws may soon become the rule, not the exception.
My Wife Won’t Stop Flirting on Facebook Dear Prudence answers more of your questions—only for Slate Plus members.
The Trailer for Pedro Almodóvar’s Julieta Makes It Look Like a Return to His Classic Women-Centered Dramas
Why You Hated the Super Bowl It was hard to tell if it was a great defensive contest, or a terrible offensive one.