Today is a busy day for me, promoting the book: I'm doing a TV interview, a talk, and then a loooong radio interview tonight. I have a couple of new things coming up, too, so here's my updated schedule:
- TODAY: Tuesday, October 21: I'm doing a live TV news interview at Denver's KUSA (Channel 9) at 12:20 or so p.m.
- TODAY: Tuesday, October 21: I'll be at the Boulder Bookstore tonight at 7:30 to give a short presentation with a dramatic reading from the book. I'll have a meteorite to show people, too.
- TODAY: Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, October 21: I'll be on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory from 2-5 a.m. Eastern time -- check your listing. Lots of radio stations broadcast the show (it has 10 million listeners) and many stream it live as well.
- NEW! Friday, October 24: I'll be in Second Life, doing an interview with my friend and fellow skeptic Michael Stackpole! I'll have more info on that a bit later in the week. I'm a n00b there and I'm not sure how to promote this just yet.
- NEW! On Sunday, October 26 at 8:30 p.m. Mountain time I'll be on the radio station KMOX out of St. Louis, talking about the book.
- December 11: I'll be giving a talk at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, time TBD.
Amen, Canada! The Canadian Supreme Court, unlike the United States’ Supreme Court, understands that sectarian prayer is sectarian.
Stop Vilifying Almonds Yes, they use up a lot of water in drought-afflicted California. But the story gets a lot more complicated from there.
What Happened at Slate This Week? Chad Lorenz talks about running the home page, writing headlines, and his favorite picks from the magazine this week.
Golden Status The Warriors are the best team since Jordan’s Bulls. Why aren’t they respected as such?