Today is a busy day for me, promoting the book: I'm doing a TV interview, a talk, and then a loooong radio interview tonight. I have a couple of new things coming up, too, so here's my updated schedule:
- TODAY: Tuesday, October 21: I'm doing a live TV news interview at Denver's KUSA (Channel 9) at 12:20 or so p.m.
- TODAY: Tuesday, October 21: I'll be at the Boulder Bookstore tonight at 7:30 to give a short presentation with a dramatic reading from the book. I'll have a meteorite to show people, too.
- TODAY: Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, October 21: I'll be on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory from 2-5 a.m. Eastern time -- check your listing. Lots of radio stations broadcast the show (it has 10 million listeners) and many stream it live as well.
- NEW! Friday, October 24: I'll be in Second Life, doing an interview with my friend and fellow skeptic Michael Stackpole! I'll have more info on that a bit later in the week. I'm a n00b there and I'm not sure how to promote this just yet.
- NEW! On Sunday, October 26 at 8:30 p.m. Mountain time I'll be on the radio station KMOX out of St. Louis, talking about the book.
- December 11: I'll be giving a talk at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, time TBD.
The Myths of Katrina Ten years after the storm, falsehood about warnings, violence, and recovery persist. Here’s the truth.
What Happened at Slate This Week? International affairs writer Joshua Keating on what to read to understand the apparently permanent slowdown of the Chinese economy.
“Dressing a Refined Story With a Touch of Vulgarity”: An Interview With Elena Ferrante’s Art Director