- Are You Using the Wrong Knife to Slice Tomatoes? E.T.’s Curse
- Does Facial Hair Make Men More Attractive? That Depends. Is This What Primate Empathy Looks Like?
- If You’re Older Than 24, Your Brain May Be Past Its Peak Bok Choy in Space! Inside NASA's Vegetable Garden.
- Are These Beautiful Glow-in-the-Dark Roads the Freeway of the Future? Here’s What Happened When a 23-Mile-Wide Asteroid Hit Earth
- What If a Single Protein Could Make Our Organs Repair Themselves? The Obvious First Food Anyone Ate on the Moon
- Why the Record-High Beef Prices Aren’t Going to Get Better Proof That Shonda Rhimes’ Characters All Sound the Same
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Rolling Stone Cover Screwed Up the Constitution Can You Really Taste the Difference Between Lemons and Limes? A Slate Investigation.
- Surging Electricity Through People’s Brains to Improve Learning? The University of Michigan’s Startling New Tool for Studying Human Anatomy
What if We Have Four Basic Emotions, Not Six?Happiness, sadness, fear, anger, surprise, and disgust might no longer be the simplest six.
Can We Really Harvest Power From Volcanoes?What we can learn from the Iceland Deep Drilling Project.
Dear Prudence: Missing CousinShould I tell my cousins their father had a child by an affair?
Gliding Down a Waterslide Taller Than Niagara FallsA drone tour of Verrückt, set to open this Memorial Day.
Male Black Widow Spiders Must Twerk or Become DinnerWhen your mate is twice your size, a special dance is in order.
Dear Prudence: No Kissing on the MouthIs it OK for me to stop my mother-in-law from kissing my baby on the lips?
Dear Prudence: Culinary MadmanMy boyfriend throws huge tantrums when his cooking isn't perfect.
Watch the Elegant Implosion of a Huge SkyscraperThe 32-story, 380-foot-tall tower was brought down last weekend in Germany.
A Guide to American FootballThe amazing British video that explains America’s favorite game.
One-Quarter of Sharks and Rays Could Soon Be ExtinctShark-fin soup and other exotic trades are largely to blame.
Real Winners of Mad Men: Lucky Strike and Canadian Club?Never underestimate the subliminal power of Don Draper.
A Strange Discovery in the Asteroid Belt Between Mars and JupiterThe water-vapor plumes of Ceres.
You're Not Psychic, but Your Brain Knows More Than You ThinkThe hidden power of "change blindness."