Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Aisha Harris chats about Season 2 of OWN’s Queen Sugar with Dawn-Lyen Gardner, who plays middle child Charley in the drama centered around a trio of estranged siblings living in rural Louisiana. Also, the Washington Post’s Lavanya Ramanathan and Splinter’s Isha Aran join the show to discuss the legacy of The Mindy Project.
- Lavanya Ramanathan: “The Mindy Project was never really woke, but at least it starred a South Asian woman”
- Isha Aran on how The Mindy Project finally got in touch with Indian culture
- What Mindy Kaling is up to next: an all-female Ocean’s 11 spinoff and a Four Weddings and a Funeral anthology series at Hulu
- Dawn-Lyen Gardner on Charley’s Season 2 journey
- Oprah Winfrey raves about Queen Sugar’s season finale, which airs Wednesday on OWN
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/represent
You can email us at email@example.com.