It’s pledge season on Slate podcasts! Show your support for Represent—and get ad-free podcasts, bonus content, and even more great perks—by signing up for Slate Plus at Slate.com/representplus.
Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Aisha Harris sits down with Yance Ford to discuss his documentary, Strong Island, about the murder of his brother, William Ford Jr. But first, Kate Erbland, an editor at IndieWire, stops by to discuss a series of sexual assault allegations affecting both the national theater chain Alamo Drafthouse and the long-running pop culture website Ain’t It Cool News.
- IndieWire’s reporting on the sexual assault allegations we discussed:
- Tim League Apologizes: “I Am Very Sorry. I’ve Let So Many of You Down”
- Harry Knowles Allegedly Sexually Assaulted Austin Woman Two Decades Ago, and Drafthouse Owners Didn’t Take Action
- Ain’t It Cool News Writers Quint and Capone Quit Site After Harry Knowles’ Sexual Assault Allegations
- Four More Women Accuse Harry Knowles of Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Strong Island trailer
- Very Smart Brothas’ review of Strong Island
- The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson
- One of Yance’s favorite documentaries of all time: Tongues Untied
Represent is heading to the New Orleans Film Festival! Get your pass to the festival and join Aisha Harris in conversation with actress and director Gabourey Sidibe on Saturday, Oct. 14. Individual ticket sales for the show will begin Monday, Oct. 2.
Want to attend our live show on us? Leave a comment on our Facebook wall telling us which Represent episode is your favorite and why. We’ll randomly choose one listener to receive a pair of tickets.
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/represent
You can email us at email@example.com.
Producer: Veralyn Williams
Social media: Marissa Martinelli