Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Aisha Harris talks to up-and-coming indie filmmaker Nefertite Nguvu about her film, In the Morning, which explores the love lives and friendships of a group of black professional Brooklynites. And writer Corey Atad joins the show to discuss Sofia Coppola’s latest film, The Beguiled.
- Corey’s piece on how Sofia Coppola’s The Beguiled omits the black characters in its source material and whitewashes its tale of the Civil War–era South
- The Daily Beast's Ira Madison III on Sofia Coppola’s The Beguiled controversy and “what we expect from white directors”
- In the Morning, now available to stream
- How Kathleen Collins’ daughter kept her late mother's career alive in Vogue
- The Jean-Michel Basquiat painting, Hollywood Africans, that Nefertite’s production company is named after
Films that inspire Nefertite:
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/represent
You can email us at email@example.com.