Listen to Represent:
On this episode of Represent, Slate culture writer Aisha Harris talks to Ruth E. Carter about designing costumes for Spike Lee’s Do the Right Thing, Joss Whedon’s Serenity, and more. Also, Panoply senior producer A.C. Valdez shares his “Pre-Woke Watching” story.
- Slate’s review of Luke Cage
- An episode from the Panoply podcast Show About Race, “Our National Conversation About Conversations About Race”
- Disney’s The Jungle Book (1967)
- Slate’s 50 greatest movies by black directors, seven of which Ruth E. Carter costume designed.
- Aisha’s story in Slate, “The Making of an American Girl”
Tell a friend to subscribe! Share this link: megaphone.link/SM2780436826
Production by Veralyn Williams.