Listen to Hang Up and Listen with Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Become a fan of Hang Up and Listen and join the discussion of this episode on Facebook here:
In this week’s episode of Slate’s sports podcast Hang Up and Listen, Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin talk about the Minnesota Vikings’ miraculous win over the New Orleans Saints and other happenings in the NFL’s divisional playoff weekend. Ben Cohen of the Wall Street Journal also joins to talk about Oklahoma freshman Trae Young, who is the closest thing to Steph Curry this side of Steph Curry. Finally, Sam Miller of ESPN comes on the show to ponder what would happen if a baseball game lasted 50 innings.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
- The Minnesota Vikings beat the New Orleans Saints on a game-ending touchdown pass from Case Keenum to Stefon Diggs.
- Marcus Williams is sad about missing the tackle that cost the Saints the game.
- Josh’s 2012 article on the Saints’ playoff loss to the 49ers: “The View from the Wrong Side of an NFL Instant Classic.”
- In Slate, Nick Greene asks if Blake Bortles can take down the New England Patriots.
- Follow Ben Cohen on Twitter.
- Cohen’s article in the Wall Street Journal on how Stephen Curry influenced Oklahoma sensation Trae Young.
- Jonathan Tjarks in the Ringer on Young’s NBA prospects.
- Josh’s Slate piece on LSU’s Tremont Waters.
- Follow Sam Miller on Twitter and buy his book (with Ben Lindbergh) The Only Rule Is It Has to Work.
- Miller’s ESPN article imagining a 50-inning baseball game.
- Stefan’s review of Dan Barry’s book Bottom of the 33rd.
- John Isner beat Nicolas Mahut 70-68 in the fifth set at Wimbledon in 2010.
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly Dave Kozas:
Josh’s Dave Koza: The time Keith Jackson said on the air that a 12-year-old boy was dying of cancer, revealing to that 12-year-old boy that he was dying of cancer.
On this week’s Slate Plus bonus segment, Stefan and Josh are joined by Sam Miller and Ben Cohen to talk through conundrums about perfect games in baseball and whether three-pointers are cooler than dunks. Sign up for a free trial at slate.com/hangupplus.
Podcast production and edit by Patrick Fort.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.