Listen to Hang Up and Listen with Stefan Fatsis, Josh Levin, and Mike Pesca by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Become a fan of Hang Up and Listen and join the discussion of this episode on Facebook here:
In this week’s episode of Slate’s sports podcast Hang Up and Listen, Stefan Fatsis, Josh Levin, and Mike Pesca discuss Stephen Curry’s amazing weekend, and why retired NBA players aren’t giving him the respect he deserves. Next, they are joined by Bob Ley, the host of ESPN’s Outside the Lines, to discuss whether new FIFA President Gianni Infantino is a real reformer. Finally, they discuss the size of quarterbacks’ hands and see if they measure up.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
- Twitter went nuts over Stephen Curry’s overtime game-winning shot against the Thunder.
- Josh explains in Slate that Curry isn’t human.
- Deadspin created a video compilation of 35 times Curry made a shot from 28 feet and beyond.
- Oscar Robertson said that Stephen Curry wouldn’t have been as good back in his day, when guys knew how to play defense.
- Curry is not a fan of retired NBA players bashing his team, and neither is Steve Kerr.
- Steve Nash explains Curry’s wizardry.
- Gianni Infantino is the new president of FIFA.
- Owen Gibson of the Guardian explains what Infantino needs to do to reform FIFA.
- Bob Ley’s bio.
- A roundtable from ESPN’s Outside the Lines on the future of FIFA.
- Sepp Blatter told Infantino that “friends become rare” when you’re FIFA’s president.
- ESPN televised six straight World Cups but was outbid by Fox for the rights to the 2018 and 2022 tournaments and was not invited to bid on the 2026 World Cup.
- SB Nation on the debate over whether hand size matters for NFL quarterbacks.
- Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen is “trying to make his hands bigger.”
- Measure your hands like the guys did in studio.
- Jonathan Bales assessed whether the size of a quarterback’s hands has an effect on performance.
- Which NFL quarterback has the largest hands?
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly “would you kill someone if no one would find out”:
Mike’s “would you kill someone if no one would find out”: The PER statistic says Anthony Davis is an all-time great. Why can’t the Pelicans build a team around him?
Stefan’s “would you kill someone if no one would find out”: Who took the first three-point shot?
Josh’s “would you kill someone if no one would find out”: Taylor Fritz could be America’s biggest tennis star since Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras.
Podcast production and edit by Zack Dinerstein.
Our intern is Julia Karron.
You can email us at email@example.com.