To listen to the discussion, use the player below:
On this week’s Slate Political Gabfest, Emily Bazelon, John Dickerson, and David Plotz discuss the future of the Dreamers, Trump’s fitness for office, and voting-related cases before the Supreme Court.
Here are some of the links and references from this week’s show:
- Michael D. Shear for the New York Times: “Trump Must Keep DACA Protections for Now, Judge Says”
- David Brooks for the New York Times: “The Decline of Anti-Trumpism”
- Yascha Mounk for Slate: “The Insanity Offense”
- Mark Sherman for the Associated Press: “Supreme Court Appears Sympathetic to Ohio Voter Purge Effort”
- Ella Nilsen and Rachel Wolfe for Vox: “North Carolina’s Redistricting Goes Back to the Drawing Board”
- CBS News: “CBS This Morning Welcomes John Dickerson as New Co-Host”
Here are this week’s cocktail chatters:
For this week’s Slate Plus bonus segment, the hosts discuss John Dickerson’s new job at CBS This Morning. Join Slate Plus! Members get bonus segments, exclusive member-only podcasts, and more. Sign up for a free trial today at slate.com/gabfestplus.
Topic ideas for next week? You can tweet suggestions, links, and questions to @SlateGabfest (#heygabfest). (Tweets may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Become a fan of the Political Gabfest on Facebook. We post to the Facebook page throughout the week, so keep the conversation going by joining us there. Or follow us @SlateGabfest. The email address for the Political Gabfest is firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Podcast production by Jocelyn Frank. Links compiled by Izzy Rode.