Become a fan of the Political Gabfest on Facebook. We post to the Facebook page throughout the week, so keep the conversation going by joining us there.
On this week’s Slate Political Gabfest, David Plotz, Emily Bazelon, and special guest David Weigel discuss the Supreme Court leaks and other Affordable Care Act fallout, the politics of record-breaking heat, and political vacations.
Here are some of the links and references mentioned during this week's show:
- Ezra Klein’s post about the “stingy red states" with the most to gain from ACA.
- Jan Crawford’s CBS News report on whether Chief Justice John Roberts switched sides in the health care decision.
- A Politico story on who might have leaked information to Jan Crawford.
- NOAA’s page on weather records.
- Ben Johnson and the Slate V team’s video on “Our Record-Breaking Summer.”
- David pulled Montesquieu’s meteorological climate theory from his back pocket. Wikipedia, for more.
- The Washington Post has photos of the “Romney Olympics.”
Emily chatters about SCOTUSblog’s rundown of how Fox, CNN, and others got it wrong. And she apologizes to David Weigel.
David Weigel chatters about Alan Moore’s anger and a controversy in the comic book scene.
The Gabfest says goodbye and thanks to intern Aviva Shen! Read Aviva’s future work at ThinkProgress.
The email address for the Political Gabfest is email@example.com. (Email may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Podcast production by Andrew Bouvé and Dale Willman. Links compiled by Jeff Friedrich.