Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s DoubleX Gabfest, New York magazine’s Noreen Malone and Slate Outward editor June Thomas are joined by FiveThirtyEight’s Clare Malone to discuss the women who voted for Trump. Then they interview Neera Tanden, president of the Center for American Progress, and finish with a chat about Melania Trump’s relationship with the fashion industry.
Slate Plus: Is Ivanka Trump sexist?
Other items discussed in the show:
- “Donald Trump’s Victory Proves That America Hates Women,” by Michelle Goldberg in Slate
- “Clinton Couldn’t Win Over White Women,” by Clare Malone in FiveThirtyEight
- “The Women Who Helped Donald Trump to Victory,” by Sheryl Gay Stolberg in the New York Times
- “Hacked Emails Actually Prove Clinton Adviser Neera Tanden Is a Truth-Telling Hero,” by Jonathan Chait in New York magazine
- “Is Fashion’s Love Affair With Washington Over?” by Vanessa Friedman in the New York Times
June recommends the Australian TV show Janet King.
Clare recommends the Met Opera fashion blog, Last Night at the Met.
Noreen recommends The Crown on Netflix.
This podcast was produced by Jayson De Leon. Our intern is Daniel Schroeder.
Outro Song: “Standing on My Own” by Max Jury