Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s DoubleX Gabfest, Invisibilia co-host Hanna Rosin, New York magazine’s Noreen Malone and Slate Outward editor June Thomas discuss Trump as an actual gift to women. Slate’s culture writer Aisha Harris joins them to talk about the new HBO show Insecure, and then they interview Emily Witt about her new book Future Sex.
Slate Plus: Are the Nobel Prizes Sexist?
Other items discussed in the show:
- “America Is Having Another Anita Hill Moment” by Dahlia Lithwick in Slate
- “How to Be a Man in the Age of Trump” by Peggy Orenstein in the New York Times
- The first episode of Insecure on YouTube
- Willa Paskin’s review of Insecure in Slate
- Issa Rae’s web series Awkward Black Girl
- “ ‘Future Sex’: Adventures in an Erotic Wonderland” by Alexandra Schwartz in the New Yorker
- “The Joy of Mass Intimacy: A Look at ‘Future Sex’ ” by Benoit Denizet-Lewis in the New York Times
June recommends Season 3 of Halt and Catch Fire
Hanna recommends High Maintenance on HBO
Noreen recommends The Old Man and Me by Elaine Dundy
Outro Song: “Sorry” by Beyoncé