Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX founding editor Hanna Rosin, Slate culture critic and Outward editor June Thomas, and Slate associate editor Laura Anderson talk about retailers covering up Cosmopolitan covers, the Warren Buffett–funded birth control revolution, and Thelma & Louise.
- Other items discussed in the show:
- Victoria Hearst spoke out against Cosmopolitan
- “The New Cosmopolitan & the Slow Climb Out of Lipstick-and-Lasagna Land” by Kate Dries in Jezebel
- “Warren Buffett’s Family Secretly Funded a Birth Control Revolution” by Karen Weise in Bloomberg Businessweek
- “The Big Battle Over a Little Device” by Nora Caplan-Bricker in National Journal
- “We Should Have a Better Condom by Now. Here’s Why We Don’t.” by L.V. Anderson in Slate
- Thelma & Louise
- “Thelma & Louise” by Dana Stevens in Slate
- Thelma & Louise’s final scene and the alternate ending
- Roger Ebert’s review of Thelma & Louise
June recommends Local Girls by Caroline Zancan
Hanna recommends the podcast You Must Remember This.
This podcast was produced by Ann Heppermann. Our intern is Jessie Chasan-Taber.