Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, Slate staff writer Amanda Hess joins Outward editor June Thomas and New York editor Noreen Malone to discuss the current state of identity outrage, how television treated women in 2014, and our feminist wish list for 2015.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Slate’s package on outrage.
- Amanda Hess’ article on identity outrage.
- Katy Waldman on the origins of outrage.
- Jamelle Bouie’s take on liberal outrage.
- The Dec. 11 DoubleX Gabfest on Rolling Stone’s UVA story.
- Amanda says feminism doesn’t need Jackie.
- Slate’s TV Club looks back on 2014.
- J. Bryan Lowder’s piece about bottom shaming in How to Get Away With Murder.
Noreen loves Gilmore Girls, which is now streaming on Netflix.
June says The Missing, on Starz, is enthralling, mysterious, and beautifully acted.