Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt to discuss Michelle Obama’s evolution and style, how high school impacts our adult selves, and porn for women.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Amy Davidson on Michelle Obama’s inauguration dress.
- Rosalynn Carter’s 1977 inaugural gown.
- Lady Bird Johnson’s inaugural look, in a gallery of first lady inaugural gowns, from the sublime to the not so.
- Jodi Kantor on how the past four years have changed the Obamas.
- Jennifer Senior’s New York magazine feature, “Why You Never Truly Leave High School.”
- Amanda Hess’s interview with porn writer and director Jacky St. James, and Amanda’s profile of porn star James Deen.
Speaking of never leaving high school, Hanna Rosin recommends that all moms visit the anonymous blog Bad Playdate for chronicles of, well, you know, bad playdates.
Allison Benedikt recommends young and old check out Rookie’s 2011 series, “Higher Learning,” in which celebrities and writers reflect on their first year of high school. Oh, and just generally Allison recommends that, in this freezing cold weather, you eat pho.
Loyal fans of Slate’s DoubleX, please remember to like us on our Facebook page.