Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest with this audio player, or by using one of the other options below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and Slate assistant editor Katy Waldman to discuss the election and whether the “war on women” really exists; the trending term “hipster sexism”; and how the media handled the nanny murder case.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Will Saletan’s article for Slate, “No Exception.”
- The Sean Duffy ad that tells you vote for him, “the cute one.”
- Noreen Malone’s New Republic post, “Ann Romney, Mitt’s Right-Hand Girl.”
- Tina Fey’s response to all the recent rape comments.
- Alissa Quart’s New York magazine piece, “The Age of Hipster Sexism.”
- Alyssa Rosenberg’s DoubleX post, “How Digital Reporting Changes How We Understand the Krim Murders.”
Hanna Rosin recommends Lois Lowry’s Son.
TODAY IN SLATE
The Irritating Confidante
John Dickerson on Ben Bradlee’s fascinating relationship with John F. Kennedy.
My Father Invented Social Networking at a Girls’ Reform School in the 1930s
Renée Zellweger’s New Face Is Too Real
Sleater-Kinney Was Once America’s Best Rock Band
Can it be again?
The All The President’s Men Scene That Captured Ben Bradlee
Is It Better to Be a Hero Like Batman?
Or an altruist like Bruce Wayne?
Driving in Circles
The autonomous Google car may never actually happen.