Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest with this audio player, or by using one of the other options below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and Slate assistant editor Katy Waldman to discuss the election and whether the “war on women” really exists; the trending term “hipster sexism”; and how the media handled the nanny murder case.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Will Saletan’s article for Slate, “No Exception.”
- The Sean Duffy ad that tells you vote for him, “the cute one.”
- Noreen Malone’s New Republic post, “Ann Romney, Mitt’s Right-Hand Girl.”
- Tina Fey’s response to all the recent rape comments.
- Alissa Quart’s New York magazine piece, “The Age of Hipster Sexism.”
- Alyssa Rosenberg’s DoubleX post, “How Digital Reporting Changes How We Understand the Krim Murders.”
Hanna Rosin recommends Lois Lowry’s Son.
TODAY IN SLATE
More Than Scottish Pride
Scotland’s referendum isn’t about nationalism. It’s about a system that failed, and a new generation looking to take a chance on itself.
What Charles Barkley Gets Wrong About Corporal Punishment and Black Culture
Why Greenland’s “Dark Snow” Should Worry You
Three Talented Actresses in Three Terrible New Shows
Why Do Some People See the Virgin Mary in Grilled Cheese?
The science that explains the human need to find meaning in coincidences.
Happy Constitution Day!
Too bad it’s almost certainly unconstitutional.