Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest with this audio player, or by using one of the other options below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and Slate assistant editor Katy Waldman to discuss the election and whether the “war on women” really exists; the trending term “hipster sexism”; and how the media handled the nanny murder case.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Will Saletan’s article for Slate, “No Exception.”
- The Sean Duffy ad that tells you vote for him, “the cute one.”
- Noreen Malone’s New Republic post, “Ann Romney, Mitt’s Right-Hand Girl.”
- Tina Fey’s response to all the recent rape comments.
- Alissa Quart’s New York magazine piece, “The Age of Hipster Sexism.”
- Alyssa Rosenberg’s DoubleX post, “How Digital Reporting Changes How We Understand the Krim Murders.”
Hanna Rosin recommends Lois Lowry’s Son.
TODAY IN SLATE
The End of Pregnancy
And the inevitable rise of the artificial womb.
Doctor Tests Positive for Ebola in New York City
How a Company You’ve Never Heard of Took Control of the Entire Porn Industry
The Hot New Strategy for Desperate Democrats
Blame China for everything.
The Questions That Michael Brown’s Autopsies Can’t Answer
Kiev Used to Be an Easygoing Place
Now it’s descending into madness.
Don’t Just Sit There
How to be more productive during your commute.