Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest with this audio player, or by using one of the other options below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt to discuss Paula Broadwell; how the women’s vote panned out; and whether or not Megyn Kelly is the future of Fox News.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Katie Roiphe’s Slate piece, “Stop Judging, You Prudes.”
- “Why Generals Cheat” by Slate’s Fred Kaplan.
- Maureen Dowd’s column on the Petraeus affair, “Reputation, Reputation, Reputation.”
- Maureen Dowd on the election in “Romney is President.”
- Noreen Malone’s New Republic post, “Megyn Kelly Can Save Fox News.”
- Megyn Kelly dresses down Mike Gallagher over his disparaging comments on her maternity leave.
- Allison Benedikt’s Slate piece, “Republicans: Don’t Trust Fox News!”
- Liza Mundy’s article for the Atlantic on Fox’s hardcore “pageant queen” makeup.
Noreen Malone recommends Zadie Smith’s NW: A Novel for its interesting exploration on female friendships.
Hanna Rosin suggests Suzanne Barston’s Bottled Up: How the Way We Feed Babies Has Come to Define Motherhood, and Why It Shouldn’t, and the hilarious Justin Peters’ article on being “The Trendiest Guy in New York City.”
Allison Benedikt asks you to help the Occupy Sandy volunteer group with their amazing relief efforts.
Loyal fans of Slate’s Double X, please remember to like us on our Facebook page.
TODAY IN SLATE
I was hit by a teacher in an East Texas public school. It taught me nothing.
There Are New Abuse Allegations Against Adrian Peterson
After This Merger, One Company Could Control One-Third of the Planet's Beer Sales
John Oliver Pleads for Scotland to Stay With the U.K.
If You’re Outraged by the NFL, Follow This Satirical Blowhard on Twitter
Don’t Expect Adrian Peterson to Go to Prison
In much of America, beating your kids is perfectly legal.
Ford’s Big Gamble
It’s completely transforming America’s best-selling vehicle.