DoubleX Gabfest: The PetWell Edition
Listen to Slate’s show about the Petraeus-Broadwell affair; women and the election; and Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly.
Posted Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, at 8:13 AM
Become a fan of DoubleX on Facebook. Leave us love letters and see what other listeners are saying about the Gabfest.
Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest with this audio player, or by using one of the other options below:
In this week’s Gabfest, DoubleX editor Hanna Rosin joins New Republic staff writer Noreen Malone and DoubleX managing editor Allison Benedikt to discuss Paula Broadwell; how the women’s vote panned out; and whether or not Megyn Kelly is the future of Fox News.
Other items discussed in the show:
- Katie Roiphe’s Slate piece, “Stop Judging, You Prudes.”
- “Why Generals Cheat” by Slate’s Fred Kaplan.
- Maureen Dowd’s column on the Petraeus affair, “Reputation, Reputation, Reputation.”
- Maureen Dowd on the election in “Romney is President.”
- Noreen Malone’s New Republic post, “Megyn Kelly Can Save Fox News.”
- Megyn Kelly dresses down Mike Gallagher over his disparaging comments on her maternity leave.
- Allison Benedikt’s Slate piece, “Republicans: Don’t Trust Fox News!”
- Liza Mundy’s article for the Atlantic on Fox’s hardcore “pageant queen” makeup.
Noreen Malone recommends Zadie Smith’s NW: A Novel for its interesting exploration on female friendships.
Hanna Rosin suggests Suzanne Barston’s Bottled Up: How the Way We Feed Babies Has Come to Define Motherhood, and Why It Shouldn’t, and the hilarious Justin Peters’ article on being “The Trendiest Guy in New York City.”
Allison Benedikt asks you to help the Occupy Sandy volunteer group with their amazing relief efforts.
Loyal fans of Slate’s Double X, please remember to like us on our Facebook page.
Allison Benedikt is the managing editor of Slate's Double X.
Noreen Malone is a staff writer for the New Republic.
Hanna Rosin is the author of The End of Men, a co-founder of Slate's DoubleX and a senior editor at the Atlantic. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter or Facebook or visit her website.