Prudie learns about birthday spankings this week! Plus, how smartphones ruined pushing your friends into pools. Then, your letters, with executive producer of Slate podcasts Steve Lickteig:*
- I was creeped out by an employee when I was an intern. Should I report him, even though I’ve since left the job?
- I’ve been out of the workforce for a while and I’m anxious about jumping back in.
- How do I let my friends and family know I’m upset they bailed on my big birthday?
- I just came out to my husband and kids. How do I leave my marriage without hurting them?
- My best friend’s been cheating on his wife for years, and it’s ruining all my memories with him.
Slate Plus members get full-length ad-free episodes of Slate’s Dear Prudence podcast every week. Membership starts at just $5 a month. Sign up today and try Slate Plus free for two weeks.
Copy this link and manually import it into your podcast app:
For full instructions see the Slate Plus podcasts FAQ.
Access to the full Dear Prudence podcast is available exclusively to Slate Plus members. Learn more and listen to previous episodes at Slate.com/PrudiePod.
Got a question for Prudie? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or leave a voice mail message at 401-371-DEAR (3327), and you may hear your question answered on a future episode of the show.
Read Prudie’s Slate columns here. Production by Audrey Dilling.
*Correction, May 24, 2017: This page originally misstated Lickteig’s title. He is executive producer, not executive director.