1. Directors, officers, and employees of the Slate Group, a division of Washington Post.Newsweek Interactive, 1515 N. Courthouse Road, Arlington, Va., 22201 ("Slate") and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (as well as each member of their immediate family and of their household) are not eligible to submit an entry/submission.
2. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
3. To enter, fully complete and submit (as directed) the online entry form available on the entry page. Submissions will be accepted beginning on 2/16/10 and must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on 3/17/10 ("Entry Period"). Each entrant must follow the presented instructions and provide the information (as requested) including your Proposal, Proposal Title, Proposal Summary, and Image (collectively, "Entry Materials").
5. Entry Materials that are late, unintelligible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, tampered with, forged, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Term and Conditions may be disqualified.
6. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that his/her Entry Materials do not violate or infringe the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks, of any third party, nor do the Entry Materials contain libelous or defamatory material. Slate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits Entry Materials which Slate believes may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing, inappropriate, or that may infringe upon or violate another party's rights. In its sole discretion, Slate reserves the right to modify any material submitted prior to posting (or not to post such materials at all) or otherwise disseminating such materials. Submitted materials will not be returned.
7. All entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the promotion.
8. During the Entry Period, submitted Entry Materials will be promptly posted on the Slate Web site upon submission so that the public will be able to vote for their favorite entries. The voting period to determine six (6) of the finalists ("Finalist Voting Period") will be identical to the Entry Period.
9. On or about 3/23/10, Slate will select 12 finalist entries. Six of those finalist entries will be the entries with the most votes received during the Finalist Voting Period as described in Paragraph 8. The remaining six (6) finalist entries will be the entries which Slate determines are the best entries based on originality, creativity, and general quality. Each entrant whose entry is selected as a finalist entry (each, a "Finalist") will be notified of his/her selection as a Finalist via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted as part of his/her entry. Each such entrant must respond to such notice within two (2) business days in order to advance to the next round of the promotion (i.e., the Winner Selection round). Each selected Finalist may also be required to provide Slate with additional information and/or sign appropriate documentation at this time. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist
10. Subject to the requirements herein, each selected Finalist will advance to the Winner Selection round. Slate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer than twelve (12) Finalists based on insufficient number of eligible entries or in the event that any of the twelve (12) originally selected Finalists failed to comply with the promotion's Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the above, Slate may select alternate Finalists in accordance with these Term and Conditions.
11. On or about 3/2310, the Entry Materials of each of the Finalists will be posted on the Slate Web site during the Winner Selection round and the public will be invited to vote online for their favorite. This voting period will begin on or about 3/23/ 10 and end on or about 04/6 /10. Public voting during the Winner Selection round is for entertainment purposes only. The results of this public voting will not determine which Finalist will be selected as the winner of the promotion ("Winner"). Instead, on or about 4/16/10, Slate will decide, in its sole discretion, which Finalist is the Winner based on the originality and feasibility of each submission. Winner will be promptly notified via e-mail (and/or other means) to the e-mail address submitted as part of his/her entry. Selected Winner must respond to such notice within two (2) business days. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner.
12. Each day during the voting periods, a voter may submit up to one vote for each of the listed submissions/entries. The use of computer generated programs or other similar means to submit multiple votes is prohibited and such votes will be discarded/disqualified as determined by Slate in its sole discretion. As determined solely by Slate, all votes not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be discarded/disqualified.
13. Slate shall have no liability for any notification or other material sent pursuant to these Term and Conditions that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason.
14. In Slate's sole discretion, an entrant may be disqualified if such entrant (i) is unreachable or notification is returned as undeliverable (if applicable); (ii) fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) engages in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive activity.
15. There are no prizes being offered in this promotion.
16. By participating in this promotion, each entrant gives Slate permission to use his/her Entry Materials and other information provided to Slate in any manner or media in its sole discretion.
17. By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Slate, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Slate and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives, and agents from and against any claims, damages, or liability involving or arising out of the promotion or his/her participation in the promotion including, but not limited to, claims involving printing errors or other errors. Slate disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the promotion.
18. Slate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this promotion should any virus, bug, computer problem, or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or intended operation of the promotion and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select participants, alternates, and/or winner from among the eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Slate.
19. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia exclusively and solely by and within the courts of the District of Columbia with regard to choice of law principles.