(Continued from Page 7)
Or else ...
- What the House of Saud holds dear can be targeted:
—Oil: the old fields are defended by U.S. forces, and located in a mostly Shiite area
—Money: the Kingdom is in dire financial straits, its valuable assets invested in dollars, largely in the U.S.
—The Holy Places: let it be known that alternatives are being canvassed
- The Saudis are hated throughout the Arab world: lazy, overbearing, dishonest, corrupt
- If truly moderate regimes arise, the Wahhabi-Saudi nexus is pushed back into its extremist corner
- The Hashemites have greater legitimacy as Guardians of Mecca and Medina
Grand strategy for the Middle
• Iraq is the tactical pivot
• Saudi Arabia the strategic pivot
• Egypt the prize
“One Has a Moral Responsibility to Disobey Unjust Laws” The Longform guide to open letters from MLK, Philip Roth, and others.
The American Horror Story: Freak Show Podcast, Episode 3 The “Edward Mordrake (Part 1)” edition.
Keepaway, on Three. Ready—Break! On his record-breaking touchdown pass, Peyton Manning couldn’t even leave the celebration to chance.