(Continued from Page 7)
Or else ...
- What the House of Saud holds dear can be targeted:
—Oil: the old fields are defended by U.S. forces, and located in a mostly Shiite area
—Money: the Kingdom is in dire financial straits, its valuable assets invested in dollars, largely in the U.S.
—The Holy Places: let it be known that alternatives are being canvassed
- The Saudis are hated throughout the Arab world: lazy, overbearing, dishonest, corrupt
- If truly moderate regimes arise, the Wahhabi-Saudi nexus is pushed back into its extremist corner
- The Hashemites have greater legitimacy as Guardians of Mecca and Medina
Grand strategy for the Middle
• Iraq is the tactical pivot
• Saudi Arabia the strategic pivot
• Egypt the prize
Cleveland’s Worst In the Tamir Rice shooting and other travesties, why do good police officers stand behind their reckless colleagues?
The Semi-Retirement Myth Don’t buy the tales of meaningful work into your 70s. Your retirement is inevitable—and bleaker than the last generation’s.
The XX Factor
CPS Finds "Free-Range" Parents Responsible for Unsubstantiated Child Neglect. Now What?
The Walking Dead Podcast Listen to an early release of Slate's recap of Episode 12, "Remember."
Bob Dylan Gets Stuck in a Noir Love Triangle in the “Night We Called It a Day” Music Video