(Continued from Page 7)
Or else ...
- What the House of Saud holds dear can be targeted:
—Oil: the old fields are defended by U.S. forces, and located in a mostly Shiite area
—Money: the Kingdom is in dire financial straits, its valuable assets invested in dollars, largely in the U.S.
—The Holy Places: let it be known that alternatives are being canvassed
- The Saudis are hated throughout the Arab world: lazy, overbearing, dishonest, corrupt
- If truly moderate regimes arise, the Wahhabi-Saudi nexus is pushed back into its extremist corner
- The Hashemites have greater legitimacy as Guardians of Mecca and Medina
Grand strategy for the Middle
• Iraq is the tactical pivot
• Saudi Arabia the strategic pivot
• Egypt the prize
Is Bail Unconstitutional? Our broken system keeps the poor in jail and lets the rich walk free.
Same-Sex Marriage Can Be Politically Uncomfortable. Here’s How to Marry and Keep Your Progressive Ideals.
Slate Voice: “Bitch, I’ll Tell You Why This Sentence Construction Is So Effective” Listen to Katy Waldman read about the perfect sentence construction—and what makes it it’s so powerful.