(Continued from Page 7)
Or else ...
- What the House of Saud holds dear can be targeted:
—Oil: the old fields are defended by U.S. forces, and located in a mostly Shiite area
—Money: the Kingdom is in dire financial straits, its valuable assets invested in dollars, largely in the U.S.
—The Holy Places: let it be known that alternatives are being canvassed
- The Saudis are hated throughout the Arab world: lazy, overbearing, dishonest, corrupt
- If truly moderate regimes arise, the Wahhabi-Saudi nexus is pushed back into its extremist corner
- The Hashemites have greater legitimacy as Guardians of Mecca and Medina
Grand strategy for the Middle
• Iraq is the tactical pivot
• Saudi Arabia the strategic pivot
• Egypt the prize
The Progressive Impersonator Martin O’Malley wants to be the liberal alternative to Hillary Clinton. It's a good strategy for an actual liberal.
The Redline of March Overheard on email: Slate’s copy desk rounds up the month’s style and grammar rulings.
Da-Da-Da-DAT-Dat, Da-Da-Da How the John Williams of TV sports wrote CBS’s iconic NCAA theme.