(Continued from Page 6)
What is to be done?
- During and after World War I, Britain's India Office backed the House of Saud; the Foreign Office backed the Hashemites. The India Office won
- But the entire post-1917 Middle East settlement designed by the British to replace the Ottoman Empire is fraying
- The role assigned to the House of Saud in that arrangement has become obsolete -- and nefarious
"Saudi Arabia" is not a God-
- The House of Saud was given dominion over Arabia in 1922 by the British
- It wrested the Guardianship of the Holy Places -- Mecca and Medina -- from the Hashemite dynasty
- There is an "Arabia," but it needs not be "Saudi"
An ultimatum to the House of
- Stop any funding and support for any fundamentalist madrasa, mosque, ulama, predicator anywhere in the world
- Stop all anti-U.S., anti-Israeli, anti-Western predication, writings, etc., within Arabia
- Dismantle, ban all the kingdom's "Islamic charities," confiscate their assets
- Prosecute or isolate those involved in the terror chain, including in the Saudi intelligence services
The University of Virginia Finally Confronts Its Rape Problem The confidential sexual assault investigation system has failed.
Come to Slate’s Holiday Movie Party in New York! Here’s how to get free tickets to our event.
Bad as They Wanna Be Is the Philadelphia 76ers’ lose-on-purpose approach to team-building ingenious or morally bankrupt?