(Continued from Page 6)
What is to be done?
- During and after World War I, Britain's India Office backed the House of Saud; the Foreign Office backed the Hashemites. The India Office won
- But the entire post-1917 Middle East settlement designed by the British to replace the Ottoman Empire is fraying
- The role assigned to the House of Saud in that arrangement has become obsolete -- and nefarious
"Saudi Arabia" is not a God-
- The House of Saud was given dominion over Arabia in 1922 by the British
- It wrested the Guardianship of the Holy Places -- Mecca and Medina -- from the Hashemite dynasty
- There is an "Arabia," but it needs not be "Saudi"
An ultimatum to the House of
- Stop any funding and support for any fundamentalist madrasa, mosque, ulama, predicator anywhere in the world
- Stop all anti-U.S., anti-Israeli, anti-Western predication, writings, etc., within Arabia
- Dismantle, ban all the kingdom's "Islamic charities," confiscate their assets
- Prosecute or isolate those involved in the terror chain, including in the Saudi intelligence services
Roads & Kingdoms
Life After ISIS The Northern Iraqi city of Sinjar has been recaptured from ISIS, but it’s a long way from back to normal.
What Happened at Slate This Week? Stuff to read when you need to escape from your family gathering.
The Craziest Endings in College Football History After the turkey, enjoy some classic finishes.