(Continued from Page 3)
The Crisis of the Arab world
reaches a climax
- The tension between the Arab world and the modern world has reached a climax
- The Arab world's home-made problems overwhelm its ability to cope
- The crisis is consequently being exported to the rest of the world
How does change occur in the
- There is no agora, no public space for debating ideas, interests, policies
- The tribal group in power blocks all avenues of change, represses all advocates of change
- Plot, riot, murder, coup are the only available means to bring about political change
The continuation of politics by other
- In the Arab world, violence is not a continuation of politics by other means -- violence ispolitics, politics isviolence
- This culture of violence is the prime enabler of terrorism
- Terror as an accepted, legitimate means of carrying out politics, has been incubated for 30 years ...
The crisis cannot be contained to the
Arab world alone
Cleveland’s Worst In the Tamir Rice shooting and other travesties, why do good police officers stand behind their reckless colleagues?
The Semi-Retirement Myth Don’t buy the tales of meaningful work into your 70s. Your retirement is inevitable—and bleaker than the last generation’s.
The XX Factor
CPS Finds "Free-Range" Parents Responsible for Unsubstantiated Child Neglect. Now What?
The Walking Dead Podcast Listen to an early release of Slate's recap of Episode 12, "Remember."
Bob Dylan Gets Stuck in a Noir Love Triangle in the “Night We Called It a Day” Music Video