(Continued from Page 3)
The Crisis of the Arab world
reaches a climax
- The tension between the Arab world and the modern world has reached a climax
- The Arab world's home-made problems overwhelm its ability to cope
- The crisis is consequently being exported to the rest of the world
How does change occur in the
- There is no agora, no public space for debating ideas, interests, policies
- The tribal group in power blocks all avenues of change, represses all advocates of change
- Plot, riot, murder, coup are the only available means to bring about political change
The continuation of politics by other
- In the Arab world, violence is not a continuation of politics by other means -- violence ispolitics, politics isviolence
- This culture of violence is the prime enabler of terrorism
- Terror as an accepted, legitimate means of carrying out politics, has been incubated for 30 years ...
The crisis cannot be contained to the
Arab world alone
The GOP Base Loves Trump It sees itself in his foreign policy belligerence, anti-elite agitation, and raw bigotry.
Uber’s Going to War With New York City. Again. And this time, the ride-hailing service really, really has a point.
One Thing Primates of Park Avenue Definitely Doesn’t Exaggerate: The Obscene Power of Designer Purses
Geeking Out I write about some of the uglier aspects of humanity. Sometimes escapism is exactly what I need.
How Tough Are the Vaccination Laws in Your State? And how many children are protected from dangerous diseases?