(Continued from Page 3)
The Crisis of the Arab world
reaches a climax
- The tension between the Arab world and the modern world has reached a climax
- The Arab world's home-made problems overwhelm its ability to cope
- The crisis is consequently being exported to the rest of the world
How does change occur in the
- There is no agora, no public space for debating ideas, interests, policies
- The tribal group in power blocks all avenues of change, represses all advocates of change
- Plot, riot, murder, coup are the only available means to bring about political change
The continuation of politics by other
- In the Arab world, violence is not a continuation of politics by other means -- violence ispolitics, politics isviolence
- This culture of violence is the prime enabler of terrorism
- Terror as an accepted, legitimate means of carrying out politics, has been incubated for 30 years ...
The crisis cannot be contained to the
Arab world alone
Ohio Kids Are Doing Better at Common Core Tests (but Only Because Ohio Defines “Better” Creatively)
Who Is the Planned Parenthood Defector Who Testified Before Congress? She’s become a born-again anti-abortion activist, but her story is dodgy.
How Does a Male Dominatrix Work? Read what host Arun Venugopal asked a male dominatrix about pain, pleasure, and the professional world of S&M.
Steve Jobs Doesn’t Understand Steve Jobs He wasn’t just a cold-hearted marketing genius. He was something more eccentric—and troubling.