Troopergate vs. Troopergate: Who's Crying Now?
Who said what about which state-trooper scandal?
19. "This trooper tasered my nephew. … It's all on the record. It's all there. His threats against the first family, the threat against my dad. All that is in the record. And if the opposition … chooses to forget that side of the story, they're not doing their job."
20. "If XXX insists on having her day in court and her trial, and she really wants to put her reputation at issue as we hear, we are prepared to do it.''
21. "[He/She] may want to take a cue from the Miss America contest: make a graceful, magnanimous exit and wait in the wings."
22 "[W]hen you use sexism as an across-the-board shield for any legitimate question, you only hurt women. And that's just another splash of reality."
23. An "organization that was founded in 1997 to protect religious freedoms and First Amendment rights for individuals, groups and churches."
24. "I don't suppose there's any public figure that's ever been subject to any more violent personal attacks than I have. … And that's fine. I deal with them. But I don't believe that it's the work of God. And I think that's what the issue is."
25. "I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone."
26."It's a way we can get our story out there in our own words, without someone making their own interpretations or corrections."
27. "I didn't shoot him with live, you know, actual live cartridge. … [T]he Taser was activated for less than a second, which would be less than what you would get if you touched an electric fence. ... It was as safe as I could possibly make it."
28. "It is self-evident to us all, I hope, that we cannot overlook, dismiss or diminish the obstruction of justice by the very person we charge with taking care that the laws are faithfully executed."
Dahlia Lithwick writes about the courts and the law for Slate.
Photographs of: Bill Clinton by Mario Tama/Getty Images; Sarah Palin by Bill Pugliano/Getty Images.