Slate, the Industry Standard, and washingtonpost.com join forces to examine the effect of the Internet on Campaign 2000.
22. Percentage of third-party candidates nationwide with Web sites: 35.8
1. Google.com search
2. Ralph Nader campaign
3. Commission on Presidential Debates
4. Commission on Presidential Debates
5. Commission on Presidential Debates
8. Netelection.org (joint project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, the Center for Governmental Studies, and the Center for Public Integrity)
TODAY IN SLATE
More Than Scottish Pride
Scotland’s referendum isn’t about nationalism. It’s about a system that failed, and a new generation looking to take a chance on itself.
What Charles Barkley Gets Wrong About Corporal Punishment and Black Culture
Why Greenland’s “Dark Snow” Should Worry You
Three Talented Actresses in Three Terrible New Shows
Why Do Some People See the Virgin Mary in Grilled Cheese?
The science that explains the human need to find meaning in coincidences.
Happy Constitution Day!
Too bad it’s almost certainly unconstitutional.