Slate, the Industry Standard, and washingtonpost.com join forces to examine the effect of the Internet on Campaign 2000.
11. Number of links to Pat Buchanan's Web site from other sites: 1,960
12. Most expensive item for sale at George W. Bush's online store: "W. 2000" silver cufflinks, $95 per pair
13. Most expensive item for sale at Al Gore's online store: XXLarge-XXXLarge Gore 2000 denim shirt, $48
14. Percentage of Americans online who are registered Republicans: 36.8
15. Percentage of Americans online who are registered Democrats: 27.9
16. Percentage of Americans online who are affiliated with other parties or are not registered with a party: 35.3
17. Web site with the largest percentage of registered Republican visitors: TheStreet.com, 45.3 percent
18. Web site with the largest percentage of registered Democratic visitors: Colonize.com, 37.2 percent
19. Percentage of total candidates (House, Senate, gubernatorial, and presidential) nationwide with Web sites: 56.6
20. Percentage of Republican candidates nationwide with Web sites: 71.9
21. Percentage of Democratic candidates nationwide with Web sites: 63.4
TODAY IN SLATE
Meet the New Bosses
How the Republicans would run the Senate.
It Is Very, Very Stupid to Compare Hope Solo to Ray Rice
The U.S. Is So, So Far Behind Europe on Clean Energy
Even if You Don’t Like Batman, You Might Like Gotham
Friends Was the Last Purely Pleasurable Sitcom
This Whimsical Driverless Car Imagines Transportation in 2059
Did America Get Fat by Drinking Diet Soda?
A high-profile study points the finger at artificial sweeteners.