Sex Cells and Righteous Kills
The week's most interesting Slate stories.
The Best of The Slatest
1) A New Yorker piece wonders whether Time's pick of Ben Bernanke for "Person of the Year" is a reverse indicator of future success.
2) War enemies can use a simple computer program to hack into drone aircraft and observe exactly what U.S. personnel are seeing.
3) Scientists have discovered an Earth-like planet 42 light-years away and are really excited about it.
4) Journalist Thomas Friedman's assertion that Islam "needs" a civil war has agitated other pundits.
5) ProPublica, the Times-Picayune, and PBS's Frontline have published a detailed investigation into post-Hurricane Katrina police-involved shootings in New Orleans.