The Week's Best From " The Slatest"
1) U.S. Embassy Cracks Down on Lewd Guards: After allegations that guards at the U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan were throwing nude, drunken parties, the embassy has assigned security to oversee rogue guards and has banned alcohol from contractors' living quarters.
2) Women (Almost) Majority in Workforce: There's still plenty of inequality in the workplace, but, for the first time, women are on the verge of holding the majority of the nation's jobs.
3) What's the Story With Kidnapper's Wife? No One Knows: While much is known about alleged kidnapper/rapist Phillip Garrido, very little is known about his wife, Nancy. Police believe she kept Jaycee Dugard imprisoned while her husband was in jail.
4) Want a Job? Look to the Federal Government: Those in the medical, security, legal and law-enforcement fields will have a good chance snapping up new federal jobs and vacancies created by retiring Baby Boomers.
5) CIA Doctors Charged With "Human Experimentation": An organization that investigates the role of doctors in torture situations has accused the CIA of illegally conducting human experimentation.