1. Directors, officers, and employees of The Slate Group, a division of Washington Post.Newsweek Interactive, 1515 N. Courthouse Road, Arlington, VA 22201 ("Slate") and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (as well as each member of their immediate family and of their household) are not eligible to submit an entry/submission.
2. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
3. To enter, fully complete and submit (as directed) the online entry form available on the entry page. Submissions will be accepted beginning on 2/22/2011 and must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on 3/15/2011 ("Entry Period"). Each entrant must follow the presented instructions and provide the information (as requested) including your Proposal, Proposal Title, Proposal Summary and Image (collectively, "Entry Materials").
5. Entry Materials that are late, unintelligible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, tampered with, forged, misdirected or otherwise not in compliance with these Term and Conditions may be disqualified.
6. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that his/her Entry Materials do not violate or infringe the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks, of any third party, nor do the Entry Materials contain libelous or defamatory material. Slate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits Entry Materials which Slate believes may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing, inappropriate or that may infringe upon or violate another party's rights. In its sole discretion, Slate reserves the right to modify any material submitted prior to posting (or not to post such materials at all) or otherwise disseminating such materials. Submitted materials will not be returned.
7. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the promotion.
8. During the Entry Period, submitted Entry Materials will be promptly posted on the Slate web site upon submission so that the public will be able to vote for their favorite entries. The voting period to determine six (6) of the finalists ("Finalist Voting Period") will be identical to the Entry Period.
11. On or about 3/15/2011, winners will be posted on the Slate web site. Slate will decide, in its sole discretion, the winners based on the originality and feasibility of each submission. Winner will be promptly notified via email (and/or other means) to the email address submitted as part of his/her entry. Selected Winner must respond to such notice within two (2) business days. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner.
12. Each day during the voting period, a voter may submit up to one vote for each of the listed submissions/entries. The use of computer generated programs or other similar means to submit multiple votes is prohibited and such votes will be discarded/disqualified as determined by Slate in its sole discretion. As determined solely by Slate, all votes not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be discarded/disqualified.