Editor's note: Pho Ny Minh, deputy assistant press secretary for online media at the Bush campaign headquarters in Austin, Texas, refused to confirm or deny the authenticity of this document.
29 February 1990
To: Gov. George W. Bush, Jebby, Poppy, and Babs
From: Slogan Office—Department of Themes
Cc: Alliteration Committee
Re: Revised slogan launch schedule
Our slogan rollout continues, albeit on a slightly altered schedule.
"Reformer With Results" is working as we predicted. Yes, we had to introduce it six months early, but we should let reporters know that it was in our plans all along. When asked to comment, the governor can then admit his mistake. Humanizes him.
Here is the rest of the planned slogan launches:
1) Now through Super Tuesday: "Liberal With His Love." We're moving this into heavy rotation in Northern California to recapture soccer moms and closeted gays disgruntled with the governor's perceived shift to the right. Love theme keeps Christian right on board, according to our latest polling.
TODAY IN SLATE
Justice Ginsburg’s Crucial Dissent in the Texas Voter ID Case
The Jarring Experience of Watching White Americans Speak Frankly About Race
How Facebook’s New Feature Could Come in Handy During a Disaster
The Most Ingenious Teaching Device Ever Invented
Sprawl, Decadence, and Environmental Ruin in Nevada
You Should Be Able to Sell Your Kidney
Or at least trade it for something.
- Texas Lab Worker on Cruise Tests Negative for Ebola as Dallas Hospital Apologizes
- Police Use Tear Gas to Break Up College Pumpkin Festival Turned Violent
- Racist Rancher Cliven Bundy Challenges Eric Holder in Bizarre Campaign Ad
- Supreme Court Allows Texas Law That Accepts Handgun Permits but not College IDs to Vote
An All-Female Mission to Mars
As a NASA guinea pig, I verified that women would be cheaper to launch than men.