Run for Office
Worried about the direction of our government? Don’t just tweet. Don’t just protest. Get in there and do something about it.
Stories of People Who Won Elections Without Having Any Idea How to Campaign
- Women Are Exploring Candidacy in Droves—and They Stand a Very Good Chance of Winning
- Police Video Shows Black Ph.D. Student Violently Arrested for “Stealing” Own Car
- Putin Defends Trump From Rumor That He Paid Prostitutes to Pee on Each Other
- Report: Cabinet Nominee in Domestic Abuse Scandal Is No Longer Psyched About Confirmation Process
- At Least 35 Democratic Lawmakers Plan to Skip Trump’s Inauguration
Lie Detectors, Russian Spies, and an Expert in Kung Fu
How Michael Flynn got tangled up in the Trump administration’s weirdest scandal yet.
Jan 17, 2:03 PM - RUTH GRAHAM - 3M to read Does Being a Feminist Mean Being Pro-Choice? The Women’s March on Washington Says Yes.
Jan 17, 1:47 PM - JORDAN WEISSMANN - 2M to read Repealing Obamacare Could Leave 32 Million Uninsured, Says Congressional Budget Office
Jan 17, 1:39 PM - WILLIAM SALETAN - 6M to read Donald Trump Has a Foreign Policy of Self-Glorification and Nothing Else
Jan 17, 1:00 PM - ELLA MORTON - 4M to read The Delicate, Challenging Job of an Underwater Crime Scene Investigator
Jan 17, 12:19 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read Illinois Police Video Shows Black Ph.D. Student Being Violently Arrested for “Stealing” Own Car
Jan 17, 11:41 AM - JORDAN WEISSMANN - 2M to read Tom Price Is the Walking Definition of an Appearance of Corruption
Jan 17, 11:38 AM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read President of Russia Defends Incoming U.S. President From Rumor That He Paid Prostitutes to Pee on Each Other
Jan 17, 11:06 AM - DAVID CANFIELD - 1M to read Michael Moore Says Trump Will “Absolutely” Ban Muslims, Build a Wall, and Dismantle the Obama Agenda
Jan 17, 10:33 AM - SAM ADAMS - 1M to read Lin-Manuel Miranda’s West Wing Rap Is the Nerdiest Tribute Imaginable
Jan 17, 10:03 AM - DAVID CANFIELD - 1M to read Seth Meyers and Stephen Colbert Respond to Trump’s Attacks Against John Lewis, Agree That “This Is Not Normal”
Jan 17, 10:01 AM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read Report: Cabinet Nominee in Domestic Abuse Scandal Is No Longer Psyched About Confirmation Process
- This is What It Feels Like to Spend Years in Solitary Confinement Looking Through Wes Anderson's Windows
- A Rare Glimpse of the “Ghost Shark” This Man Heard He Talks in His Sleep, So He Recorded Himself. Oops.
- The Hidden Formula Almost Every Sitcom Follows Natalie Portman Stars in Padmé, the Star Wars Spinoff We Really Need
- How to Keep Your Holiday Cookies Fresh for Days A Colorado Man Tracked the Snow for 40 Years. His Findings Are Stark.
Dear Prudence Live Chat
For Jan. 17, 2017.
Dear Prudence: The “Family Matters” Edition
All About a Boy
The Babysitter With No Name
Why Doesn’t Ben Carson Care About Housing? A pearl of wisdom from his mother explains why he’s unfit to lead HUD.
- Working How Does a Protest Organizer Work?
- Slate Money Slate Money on the Fascinating History of the World’s Most Popular Pen
- The Gist Jamelle Bouie on Why Sessions and Carson Are Such Disturbing Cabinet Picks
- Represent Represent: Actress Rita Moreno on Her New Show, One Day at a Time
Run for Office Worried about the direction of our government? Don’t just tweet. Don’t just protest. Get in there and do something about it.
Did You Catch These Subtle Nods to the Books in Netflix’s Adaptation of A Series of Unfortunate Events?
What Frankenstein Has to Do With Anti-Vaxxers Caution about technology is good. Fear of technology is not.