The Frightening Power of the Home-Schooling Lobby
As a small but fierce group fends off regulation, child neglect—and even abuse—is falling through the cracks.
Netanyahu and AIPAC Really Blew It by Opposing the Iran Deal So Vehemently
After the Virginia Shooting, New York Daily News’ Cover Crosses the Line
It’s not just the Fat Jew. Stealing jokes has become big business on the Internet.
Donald Trump’s Unwavering Popularity Among Women Is Troubling
“Bush Doesn’t Care About Black People”
NBC producers recall the awkward tension in the control room after Kanye’s Katrina diatribe.
- Vester Flanagan Apparently Planned to Disguise Self, Send Out More Messages
- ISIS Is Probably Using Mastard Gas. Here’s Who They Could Be Getting It From.
- World’s Fastest Man Knocked Over by World’s Most Dangerous Segway-Riding Cameraman
- Poll Suggests Joe Biden Would Fare Better Than Clinton Against GOP Frontrunners
New York Bagel Places Put Way Too Much Cream Cheese on Their Bagels
“George Bush Doesn’t Care About Black People”: Behind the Scenes of Kanye’s Katrina Moment
Why Do New York Bagel Places Put So Much Cream Cheese on Their Bagels? A Slate Investigation.
- "Peanut Butter Isn't Green?": When People See Color the First Time Take Your Selfies And Turn Them Into Creepily Realistic Digital Avatars
- An Entire History of Life on Earth, In Under 8 Minutes You Will Never Be As Happy As This Red River Hog Was On Its Birthday
- How Do You Have Sex in Space? An Ex-Cop Candidly Explains Why Police Are So Violent Toward Young Black Men
- How To Dance the Heebie-Jeebie The Intense Tom Cruise Stare That Happens In All His Films
Ashley Madison? Don’t Know Her.
I found my husband in the cheating website’s hacked user list.
Rubbed the Wrong Way
Take My Breath Away
The Other Man
Traveling With a Cheapskate Slob
Finding the Perfect Time of Day to Photograph America’s Changing Cities
Shifting the Focus From Detroit’s Decaying Buildings to Its Resilient Population
Why It Took 10 Years to Create These Magnificent Images of Europe’s Churches
Striking and Surreptitious Photos That Capture the Grit of Pennsylvania in the ’70s
An Ode to the Disappearing Neon Signs That Light Up the Streets of San Francisco
A Look Inside the Only Remaining Theater on Yangon’s Once Bustling Cinema Row
Sometimes the Best View in the House Is From Backstage
What Are We Still Doing in Afghanistan?
- Mom and Dad Are Fighting How Do I Keep From Giving My Math Anxiety to My Kids?
- The Gist Three Words Doctors Use to Identify Trans Kids: Consistent, Persistent, and Insistent
- Culture Gabfest Does Fear the Walking Dead Have Too Many Zombies or Too Few?
- The Gist Garlic: The Secret to a Long Life With No Friends