Microsoft just became a computer company—and its new laptop looks amazing.
Nancy Pelosi Should Help Put Kevin McCarthy in the Speaker’s Chair
The Weird Case of Three Teens Who Died After Their Principal Hypnotized Them
A Visual Guide to the Syrian War’s Friends, Enemies, and Frenemies
There Are Only Four Possible Conversations You Can Have With Your Kid
Who Will Win the Nobel Peace Prize?
Angela Merkel, Ed Snowden, Pope Francis, or one of these people?
- The Gun Control Laws in Every State—and a Grade for Each. Look How Many Get an F.
- Aspiring House Speaker’s Hillary Comment Reaches Official Gaffe Status
- People in China Are Wearing Fake Bean Sprouts in Their Hair, and It’s Great
- Nobel Prize Goes to Scientists Who Figured Out Why We Aren’t “a Chemical Chaos”
Time Is on Your Side
Kneaded bread vs. no-knead bread is a false dichotomy. You should be making slow bread.
Will Pope Francis Win the Nobel Peace Prize? We Handicap the Contenders.
Kneaded Bread vs. No-Knead Bread Is a False Dichotomy. You Should Make Slow Bread.
- Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker Are the Same Character Watch an Emotional Montage of Movie Characters’ Moments of Revelation
- A $200,000 Skateboard Trick, in Super Slow Motion Happy Birthday, Nomi Malone! How Showgirls Went From Tragic to Classic.
- The Science Behind Hollywood Explosions The SLS Super Crown’s Most Painful Skateboard Falls, Deconstructed
- Nancy Meyers Movies, Now Annotated With Estimated Real-Estate Prices According To Science, We All Create Voices For Our Dogs
Prudie advises a woman who doesn’t want kids, so had an abortion without telling her husband.
Battle of the Baby Name
Help! I Want to Read More Dear Prudence.
Boyfriend Who’s Gone M.I.A.
What It’s Like to Be Raised by LGBTQ Parents
Coming of Age in a Seaside Irish Town
A Bird’s-Eye View of America’s Spiritual Heartland
If You’re Wondering if It Hurts to Get a Tattoo, Just Look at These People’s Faces
Hello Cleveland! Photos From When the Midwest City Was a Hotbed of Rock ’n’ Roll.
Photos of Interracial Couples, and the Terrible, Racist Things People Have Said to Them
What It’s Like to Be a Tobacco Farmer: Photos From Around the World
Worker-Owned Coffee Houses Provide a Window Into Everyday Indian Life
- Podcast for America Trump’s Popularity Dips, Ever So Slightly
- The Gist Interest Rates Made Interesting (Really!) by Two Ex–Planet Money Reporters
- Culture Gabfest Yes, The Martian Is Competence Porn. What’s Wrong With That?
- The Gist Why Samantha Bee Won’t Be Sitting Behind a Desk on Her New TBS Late-Night TV Show