Question Time for Rex Tillerson
Senators on the Foreign Relations Committee are wondering whether they can trust Trump’s secretary of state nominee.
Tom Price Would Not Put Patients First
Health care has been politicized, and it’s sick people who suffer.
- DeVos Says States Shouldn't Have to Comply With Federal Law Protecting Disabled Students
- Maine Gov. LePage: Civil Rights Hero John Lewis Should Thank GOP for Ending Slavery
- Obama Is Freeing Chelsea Manning
- Elaine Chao Will Have a Second Income Source When She’s Transportation Secretary: Millions From Wells Fargo
In a Regime of Lies
What can Donald Trump hope to accomplish with a blizzard of misinformation? Just ask Josef Stalin.
Patients’ Rights Ought to Be a Bipartisan Issue for Doctors
A Lesson for Trump From Stalin: Lies Work, Right up Until the Point When They Don’t
- This is What It Feels Like to Spend Years in Solitary Confinement Looking Through Wes Anderson's Windows
- A Rare Glimpse of the “Ghost Shark” This Man Heard He Talks in His Sleep, So He Recorded Himself. Oops.
- The Hidden Formula Almost Every Sitcom Follows Natalie Portman Stars in Padmé, the Star Wars Spinoff We Really Need
- How to Keep Your Holiday Cookies Fresh for Days A Colorado Man Tracked the Snow for 40 Years. His Findings Are Stark.
Tchotchkes From Heaven
Prudie counsels a letter writer whose family wants to make keepsakes from Dad’s ashes.
Fed to Death
Help! My Boyfriend Recently Dated a Much Younger Woman, and It Creeps Me Out.
Dear Prudence: The “Family Matters” Edition
- Hang Up And Listen Mike Tomlin’s Live-Streamed Rant Was Better Than Any Official NFL Broadcast
- Working How Does a Protest Organizer Work?
- Slate Money Slate Money on the Fascinating History of the World’s Most Popular Pen
- The Gist Jamelle Bouie on Why Sessions and Carson Are Such Disturbing Cabinet Picks