A Better Solution to America’s Immigration Problem
End birthright citizenship.
Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to Resign Under Pressure From White House
Odell Beckham Jr. Makes Greatest Catch Ever
I Made Barbie a Real Computer Engineer by Remixing That Sexist Book
Why Does Uber Get Bad Press?
How to Understand Marion Barry
Why Does Uber Get Bad Press?
Understanding Marion Barry's Chemical Approach to Politics
Nov 24, 10:30 AM - ERIC HOLTHAUS - 2M to read Now You Can Start to Worry About a Thanksgiving Eve Snowstorm
Nov 24, 10:07 AM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Is Resigning Under Pressure From White House
Nov 24, 9:50 AM - M. VUOLO & C. WADE - SLATE PLUS Walking Dead Podcast: Listen to Slate-sters Recap Episode 7
Nov 24, 8:13 AM - KATY WALDMAN - 6M to read Sorry, Plato and Descartes. Everything We Know We Know Through Our Bodies.
Nov 23, 11:09 PM - ALISON GRISWOLD - 7M to read Everyone Thinks Uber Is Evil. Maybe It’s Just Inept.
Nov 23, 5:46 PM - ELLIOT HANNON - 2M to read Lawyer Dresses as Thomas Jefferson in Court, Gets Disbarred for “Inexplicable Incompetence”
Nov 23, 3:32 PM - DAVID PLOTZ - 3M to read Understanding Marion Barry's Chemical Approach to Politics
Nov 23, 3:10 PM - D. STEVENS & W. PASKIN - 1M to read Is Mockingjay Part 1 the Best Hunger Games Movie So Far, or Just Setup for the Big Finale?
Nov 23, 2:43 PM - SHARAN SHETTY - 1M to read The Secret 9/11 Subtext of Anna Kendrick’s Pitch Perfect
- What Is This Strange Space Object? An Alternative Thanksgiving Pie for Pumpkin Haters
- The Best Way to Play Touch Football on Thanksgiving Who’s In and Who’s Out? Obama's Immigration Policy Options Explained
- What a Cocaine-Addicted Brain Looks Like How to Buy Land on the Moon
- Here’s Exactly What a Hiring Manager Scans for When Reviewing Resumes Robot Baby Penguins Are a Thing
My wife is always naked—and now she’s turning our children into nudists, too.
I Want to Spend Thanksgiving Alone
The Malevolent Mentee
The Glory Days of British Professional Wrestling
A Side of Palestinian Life That Doesn’t Usually Make It Into the News
Inside India’s Amazing Customized Trucks
Meet the Supermodels of the Goat and Sheep World
Why Independent Bookstores Are More Than Just Places to Buy Books
A Glimpse Inside Crown Heights’ Hasidic Community in the ’90s
A New York Times Editor’s Photographic Ode to Her Office
The Coolest Places in London Are Underground
- WeigelCast An Interview with Marion Barry on Racism, Rob Ford, Gay Marriage, and His Personal Flaws
- Amicus Amicus Revisits a Case Involving Mental Illness and the Death Penalty
- Slate Money Slate Money on Uber, Abenomics, and Charities That Behave Like Venture Capitalists
- The Gist Chuck Todd of NBC’s Meet the Press Explores Obama’s Sphinx-Like Comportment
What Happened at Slate This Week? See if you can keep pace with the copy desk, Slate’s most comprehensive reading team.
Bad as They Wanna Be Is the Philadelphia 76ers’ lose-on-purpose approach to team-building ingenious or morally bankrupt?