No One Is Stoking an Anti-Police Movement
America just wants better policing.
Many Mass Murderers, Like the Brooklyn Cop Killer, Start by Harming Women
Why Have Air-Sick Bags Become So Uncommon? Are Passengers Vomiting Less?
How TV Changed in 2014
Drinking While Breast-Feeding Is Fine
There’s no reason to pump and dump.
Air Horns, Weather Puppies, and DIY Emojis
Slate’s favorite smartphone apps of 2014.
Pumping and Dumping Is Pointless. Drinking While Breast-Feeding Is Fine.
Slate’s Favorite Smartphone Apps of 2014
Dec 22, 2:43 PM - AISHA HARRIS - 3M to read Why Annie Shows Quvenzhané Wallis’ True Potential as an Actress
Dec 22, 2:32 PM - LILY HAY NEWMAN - 2M to read Seattle Police Held a Hackathon to Figure Out How to Redact Body Cam Video Streams
Dec 22, 2:00 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read New York Police Union Has Attacked Mayors of Both Parties, Including Giuliani
Dec 22, 1:52 PM - ALISON GRISWOLD - 1M to read Nobody Wants American Apparel’s Clothes, but Somebody Might Want to Buy the Company!
Dec 22, 1:34 PM - PHIL PLAIT - 1M to read Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, an Astrophysically Correct Book and Song Are Now What You Are
Dec 22, 1:25 PM - KRISTIN HOHENADEL These London Designers Created Their Dream Bedrooms, Bathrooms, and Living Rooms—in Miniature
Dec 22, 1:13 PM - JUNE THOMAS - 5M to read The Best Thing About Streaming TV? All the Great Foreign Shows.
Dec 22, 12:40 PM - JOSHUA BARRIE - 2M to read You Can Now Rent “Well-Connected Partygoers” in New York and London
Dec 22, 12:31 PM - WILL OREMUS - 2M to read Finally, Wireless Christmas Lights That Won’t Tempt Your Cat
Dec 22, 12:14 PM - AMANDA MARCOTTE - 2M to read Should Journalists Report on Sexual Assaults Before Charges Are Filed?
- The Amazing Chemical Reaction When Sperm Meets an Egg Stephen Colbert’s Best Musical Moments on The Colbert Report
- Violence in Holiday Movies Watch the Navy's New Laser Destroy Things
- Does Alcohol Actually Warm Up Your Body? Nifty Things You Didn’t Know Your iPhone 6 Could Do
- We Gave O.T. Genasis’ “CoCo” the Seasonal Music Video It Deserves How Dinosaurs Really Walked
Dear Prudence Live Chat
For Dec. 22, 2014.
Can’t Take a Joke
Unhelpful Holiday Sister-in-Law
I Saw Mommy Being Santa Claus
Fit to Be Untied
Finding Inspiration in a Clowder of Feral Cats
Hip-Hop Hustle in the South’s Small Towns
How a French Photographer Captured a Seminal Period in American History
These Beautiful Old Books Are a Bibliophile’s Dream
What It’s Like to Be a U.S. Marshal
What Hollywood Movie Sets Look Like When the Camera Stops Rolling
Some of the World’s Coolest Animals Don’t Have Spines
When Celebrity Photography Was Cool
- Slate Money Slate Money on the Russian Ruble, Dodd-Frank, the Sony Hack, and Cuba
- The Gist Why These Two Daily Show Writers and Their Friend Stuart Dabble in Podcasting
- Live at Politics & Prose Jesmyn Ward Discusses Men We Reaped, Her Gripping Memoir
- Political Gabfest Why Aren’t Republican Presidential Hopefuls Scared of Jeb Bush?
What Happened at Slate This Week? Staff writer Lily Hay Newman shares what stories intrigued her at the magazine this week.
Why Climate Change Isn’t a Sputnik Moment Military technology can’t innovate us out of this one.
Squash vs. Baseball! Wrestling vs. Golf! Good riddance to the days when sports had to fight each other for Olympic survival.